Thursday, August 14, 2014

Struggles in Shasta


Mount Shasta brought its own challenges.  We had planned to stay for three days or so, drink in the mountain air, connect with the spirit of the mountain and rest before we pushed forward into Oregon.
But the Universe had other plans and as usual, I was not given a memo.

We went to town to visit the bookstores, and stop at the auto parts store to get some brake fluid.  But too late!  Our brakes failed to stop us at the auto parts store, and if it hadn't been for the metal post, we might have landed IN the auto parts store.  Fortunately, other than bending the pole a little, no serious damage was done.  But there we were in a mountainous town with absolutely no brakes at all. 

We called AAA (again!) and while Rick waited for the tow truck, I visited my bookstores.  Luckily, Mount Shasta is a small enough town that all stores were within a couple of blocks of one another. When I got back, the tow truck had just arrived.

The repair shop was less than a mile from the KOA campground, but we were grounded, for sure.

A desperate call to rich relations obtained the needed funding for repairs, but we had to cut our stay short.  The campground hosts were very nice about refunding our camping fees and as soon as the truck was fixed, we gassed up and headed north.

But I didn't waste the rest of the day--I went for a walk around the campground, took some nice pictures and set and meditated in the "shadow" of the mountain. 

Here we are at Mt. Shasta KOA Campground.
I loved the tall, tall trees.
And of course, that magnificent mountain.



Gotta love my zoom lens!

One day, perhaps, I will have a chance to go back to Mount Shasta and drive up closer to the mountain and walk its trails.  I would love to feel the land itself right on the mountain, to feel its Lemurian connections, its magical place in the Dreamtime. 


No comments:

Post a Comment